How To Improve Cancer Outcomes In Young Adults

According to a study conducted by Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center (DF/BWCC) and Harvard Medical School, young adults who do not or lack health care insurances are more likely to be diagnosed in advanced stages of cancer as well as a higher risk of death.

The Affordable Care Act (ACA), otherwise known as Obamacare, may improve the outcomes of cancer in young adults for the reason that it expands its coverage to those who have not been insured with any health care. Patients who have already been diagnosed with cancer will also benefit from the ACA as long as the insurers cover them with pre-existing conditions.

The said study shows that patients having insurance coverage were less likely to seek medical attention when their cancer has metastasized, or spread outside of their original site whether it is near or far the affected area.

Insured cancer patients were about as twice as likely to receive absolute therapy, whether it is for radiation or surgery, for their disease. The study also indicates that insured patients are 20 percent more likely to survive.

Statistics show that among the vast majority of patients, 93 percent were insured while the remaining 7 percent or a number of 2,578 patients lacked the privilege. Those who does not have health insurances usually come from regions of lower median income, education level, and population density.

However, the Obamacare extends the coverage of your adults under their parents’ health care until the age of 26. Federal subsidies are also willing to pay part of the premium costs for the low-earning consumers.

Copyright (C)2022How To Improve Cancer Outcomes In Young Adults.All rights reserved.